recent posts

September 10, 2011

When things aren't perfect...

Today's been a tough one. I am about to share from the heart. And it may not make sense. But I think I have the guts to press publish...

Recently I have been having echos of my past...

Of my eldest-child lens, the one I looked through a lot. To want everything to be perfect...

... For me to act the peace maker and to smooth things over. To take responsibility. To carry the weight and fix it.

But, inevitably I come up really really short. I know I can't.

That when thoughts are pummeling like waves rushing in... To take deep breaths and give it to Him.


Things can never be completely perfect. I realize now. I need the 'peace of God, which transcends all understanding'. (Philippians 4:7)

And when we don't know the answers, or haven't got the solution. He does.

In the deep place I find myself tonight... I listened to these words.

"Out on the farthest edge
There in the silence
You were there

My faith was torn to shreds
Heart in the balance
And You were there

Always faithful, always good
You still have me
You still have my heart"


You have Me - Gungor

We may not have the answers  or have our 'heart in the balance' but He does.

I'm holding to the truth that, He is always faithful and always good.

My part is to trust.

and petition.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...