recent posts

May 15, 2013

A day that wasn't expected

Day 15: A Day in the life (include photos from throughout your typical day - this could be "a photo an hour" if you'd like)

As my title suggests this post does not depict a 'typical' day for me. Today, our baby Hub woke after having immunization shots yesterday to being really upset coupled with low range fever. Our poor boy. This meant that we did not prepare and leave for school today but I stayed back to tend to our boy who never wanted to be put down. He is on the mend but here is some of what happened today... 












The thank you card and breakfast food was for 'Teacher's day' here in Korea. It is a big day and students really express their gratitude to their teachers, our PTA (Parent Teacher Association) prepared a western style breakfast treat for all our staff to share in the morning. I thought I had missed out but Hubby brought some back for me which I was tickled at.

The washing pile was me sorting clothes that baby Hub has grown out of... He is growing way too fast for my liking!

My guitar playing has come back since having our son, at this point in the day playing to him was one of the only ways to calm him because of how horrible he was feeling. It really soothes him in any mood he is in.

It was sweet relief when Hubby came home, not that I didn't enjoy being there for my little but that he could spend sometime with his dad and it felt like we were a team. 

So there is a glimpse of a very 'untypical' day for me. I will prepare to do another post on a typical day of mine in the near future.

Now to leave you with a quote for Teacher's day:

'A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.' -Henry Adams

10 comments:

  1. Oh, your poor sweet little one. It's especially great when dad gets home on sickie days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely :)
    love that you play guitar to him.
    love that your school thanks teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we need to bring that to NZ for teachers ~ it really goes such a long way...

      Delete
  3. Oh how cute!! Who is playing the guitar to him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me from a funny angle! I balanced my camera and timer precariously on the side of this crib...

      Delete
  4. Love the photos. Hope baby hub gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah Ann! He bounced back quickly which I am thankful about.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, I love that you can play guitar to Isaiah and he likes it. Great Teacher quote too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is a young music fan... Does little Fletch like music?

      Delete

*Its great to hear from you, thanks for stopping by*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...