recent posts

May 29, 2011

Im a ghetto nail girl.

I have bright red toenails for the first time ever! 

This post is to have a laugh... at my expense :)

A quick disclosure... this contains a picture of my toes if you have an fear of toes please avoid ;)

Yesterday, I went to experience something new... A pedicure to beautify my tootsies before our big 8 week holiday coming up at the end of this week.... GAH!! So exciting.

I met up with my friends Leslie and Robyn, to go to a place they had been before but after a 40 minute wait/peruse around some other shops waiting for the appointment time, the beautician regressed that we had not reserved an appointment so they had let people in front of us. FYI people when you say 'OK , we will be back in 40 minutes', we do come back.

Anywho, after the confusion clouds whisked away we went off for a hunt to find a new venue. Thinking positive thoughts of many available and relaxing treatments... Off we went. A hunting we will go, a hunting we go... 

The place Leslie and I ended up going to was a bit strange. There was no 'tub and scrub' just get straight into the nail region and clip/clip of cuticles. My nail-painter was quite extreme. The part where she clipped my cuticles became snip snip at my toes... Yeee-ouch! She also had a strategy where she used her nails to scrape the mistakes off my skin - Which made my skin go red and I felt like a pin cushion. Lastly (Leslie and I just looked at each other with this), oil was applied to our nails after they had dried which went onto our jandels - we ended up running into a coffee shop to get tissues to wipe the oil from between our toes. Nice!

Haha good times. I will put it down to a very unique Korean experience. 

Thanks for having a laugh Leslie!

On the other hand, Robyn fell asleep after finding a more up-market joint with massage chairs... We will be going there next time, definitely.

Here's the end result... It was totally worth it btw ;)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...